Do you plan on adding to the campaign at all?
Yu-Gi-Oh Duelists of the Roses Remake (ALPHA)
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Windows - x86/x64
macOS - Apple Silicone & Intel Supported
Linux - x86/x64
I've made way too many changes to the game to fully list them all here, so here are some of the most major changes to the game since PB2
- Fix card #804 not being found which caused the client to crash while loading saves.
- There have been reports of bugs when creating a save, so I've included a pop-up error dialog that will act as a shortcut to the logs folder.
- Fix buggy scrolling behaviour in smaller dropdown lists, at the cost of potentially
creating buggier implementation for larger ones. Oops.
- Force re-assign P1 controllers to P2 if "_EnableReassignControllerToP1" is false.
- Implement an animation backlog queue to prevent bugs with Network Synced Animations.
- Added a new animation akin to the original game's in the DeckEditor screen.
- Fixed bug #3 ("Load Save" control dialog shown on create save list item)
- Fixed bug #5 (Resolution selector shows many duplicate options)
- Fixed bug #6 (Misc. Deck Editor view bugs & glitches)
- Fixed bug #7 (Attacking an enemy deck leader directly softlocks game)
- Fix a bug where the "DOR Remake Saves" directory was not being
created while loading saves which caused a game crash.
- Fix a bug where saves created with a revision number of > 0 would trick the game into thinking they were created with revision number = 0.
- Fix a bug where Mono on Linux does not let you write files starting with . which would cause the game to crash due to "improper permissions"
5-11-2021 Update - First public Net Test Alpha
- Fix a bug where End Turn could be spammed to break the game
- Fix a bug where you had to highlight a single card to summon it (just select the singular card you want to summon now)
- Redesign just about every piece of UI imaginable to make it a little more modern
- Added a comprehensive save/load system that can support as many saves as you need it to
- Client Settings! Change sound volume, music volume, client quality settings, resolution settings, and more!
- NET PLAY!!!!! This is still in testing phases.
- Just about every card is now present in the game now. Only SOME cards have effects, but even if a card doesn't have an effect you can still play it/use it in game. Effects will be added as time goes on of course. Card List
- Each save has 5 custom terrain slots so you can design the duel field of your dreams!
- Deck Editor added with a major redesign compared to the original game.
Duelists of the Roses was an almost forgotten sequel to the game Forbidden Memories. These games both have their own unique dueling style different from the traditional table based card game you're used to.
In Duelists of the Roses, you control the cards on the board as pawns similar to a chess game. Each spot on the grid has its own terrain and each type of card is strong or weak in different terrains. You and one opponent both have deck leaders, when attacked directly you inflict direct damage.
Controls & Help
Controls & Help are now available in the "DOR Remake Manual" PDF included with the game.
DONATIONS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED TO KEEP THE PROGRESS ON THIS PROJECT ROLLING....KONAMI I'M ALSO AVAILABLE TO HIRE!
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Genre||Card Game, Strategy|
|Tags||Indie, Multiplayer, Singleplayer, Unity, yugioh|
|Average session||About an hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Xbox controller, Gamepad (any), Playstation controller|
|Multiplayer||Local multiplayer, Server-based networked multiplayer|
|Player count||1 - 4|
Not signed for macOS: Once extracted, right click on the app bundle, click open, then click open when it asks if you want to open this app.
- In Regards to UnitySep 27, 2021
- FIRST PUBLIC NET TEST AVAILABLE!May 11, 2021
- DOR Remake - State of the Game 4-7-2021Apr 07, 2021
- Ironing Out Netplay BugsMar 18, 2021
- Data-Entry Timelapse for Duel Fields!Mar 15, 2021
- Supported Controllers in the DOTR Remake.Mar 13, 2021
- Custom Duel Screen Nearing CompletionFeb 28, 2021
- Handling "Custom Duels" in the RemakeFeb 16, 2021
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Just downloaded this, looks really good so far. Looking forward to the campaign. Fun throwback to when I used to play this on the PS2.
Bro! If you finish this and iron out the bugs i will %100 give you $60 to play this game with friends. I love you man!
Also for the summoning, you could do what they did on the mobile game where it kinda raises the art off of the card instead of making it 3D. It looks good, and is probably way easier to do than modeling each card.
not sure what's up but the game crashes on loading a save for me
love the game but you might need to check the end turn button as if you press it to fast it will miss up the game, also the game gets picked up by virus protection programs like avast.
p.s. i love this game and the og game , so i hope notting bad happens to this.
This will be resolved in the next build when I can get it out. I don’t know that there’s anything I can do about Avast detecting it as an antivirus besides maybe having Avast users mark it as false positives?
This wacatac false virus flag seems to be common with most games made with certain engines, but I think this dev might have a fix for it.
Hey thanks for that link. Unfortunately, i don’t create an installer so i don’t think the steps he used to “fix” his build will work for me. Unity builds the EXE for me and i don’t really have any other options with how it builds it.
Just found your youtube for this and it is amazing that you are doing this, this is one of my favourite games that i still play and have been hoping for a pc remake for years. Wishing you all the best luck in the world.
P.S. Love that you got Immortals working properly on crush terrain
BTW terrain modifiers are +/- 500 ;)
I always loved the original Duelist of the Rose since I was kid, and viewing a remake of it on PC makes me very happy.
I find your game great !
Just a little question thought, is it possible to modify our deck at the moment ? I really wish to recreate the Machine deck that I have on PS2.
Yes, you will be able to. Not all cards are currently implemented yet but shortly after stable netplay is added, I’ll be working on deck modifier and of course finishing cards.
good day sire,
after all waiting for an potent PC version of this game of games, i really wanna try it out. But after testing it with a secure machine it tells me "trojanwin32-wacatac" and yes. Are you real dude?
I know a similar problem with VSTs of DSK that Scanner find something even theres nothing, maybe because of older engineparts theres shown this virus too?
Hope you can change my paranoia
Yes, I am a real person. I’m not sure why you’d be getting a trojan warning tbh. The game is created from the ground up in Unity and doesn’t depend on anything exotic. It uses Mirror for Networking and Rewired for input/controller support. There is 0 code from the original game present.
I was about to download but I'am afraid of the Trojan :(
By the way. If you are real keep it up. It's hard to believe you are doing all this by yourself.
Make a discord so we can give suggestion on cards.
McAffe is kinda creepy, i will give this definitive try.
I'm also paranoid cause all of this "PC Versions" which also in net. sometimes you cant believe that dreams come true.
#Zyas i will inform if something will happen
Heeeeey this is so cool!ive been looking for something like this for years. You guys have a discord or something?
We don't have a Discord yet but will as soon as a public beta for Net Test is released!
Did you add anything to the game your just ramake it? Would be nice to have it for Linux. We don't have many Linux games.
Most of the additions are in the engine switch.
By using Unity, I was able to target higher resolutions (I currently test at 2560x1440) and still hit 60fps. Then of course I added some post processing. At this point, I'm just trying to get it equivalent with the PS2 version. The infrastructure is there to add more cards. I could open it up to modders.
I'm not relying on any exotic libraries at all, a Linux port would just be a matter of me setting up a Linux install and testing it.
You got the talent mate. Let it open for modders If you can. Mods in skyrim made the game 1000% better.
Linux version would be very welcomed. <3
I'd like to experiment with interjecting cards in. Normal monsters would be easy, effect monsters would be interesting. I plotted about 20 -25 classes needed (with testing, and lots of configuration options. of course with inheritance too) so I would have to abstract that. Not too bad though just a matter of well documenting things.
It may be more fun to open up the modding portion first before I add the rest of the cards.
Linux coming as soon as I drag an old desktop out..... I dont daily drive Linux but still appreciate the platform. VMs wont let me open Blender or Unity unfortunately.
I've got a Linux build going up soon. I cross compiled from my MacBook Pro through Unity, so please let me know if there are any issues.